• C45 high grade carbon steel
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and sharpened bit / blade
• Stamped with ‘Helko’ crown mark
• Crafted from Grade ‘A’ American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Traditionally hung using softwood wedge and round steel ring wedge
Black Forest Heavyweight Woodworker
The Black Forest Heavyweight Woodworker is a cutting axe with a traditional wide-bit German woodworker blade and is ideal for heavy cutting and felling, as well as being capable of splittting tasks. This sharp, slim, wide-bit woodworker head will outperform most American pattern felling axes at cutting tasks. Comes with our top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable sheath.
Blade Width: 140mm | Head Weight: 1600g | Gross Weight: 2200g | Handle:80cm
Note: Image shows axe with metal overstrike handle protector. The handle protector does not come as standard with this axe.